Sunday, February 10, 2013

So here's the short of it, 
Scalloped potatoes.

And here's the long.

We celebrated Valentine's Day early since everyone will be on crazy schedules when it does arrive.

One of my side dishes for tonight was a variation of the Pioneer Woman's Scalloped Potatoes. Our variation here is without meat.  But it didn't come out right!  Oh it had a good taste for sure, but it was awfully runny.  It's the first time I've made scalloped potatoes with a recipe that didn't use a roux. Mom asked me if I had soaked the potatoes -- well, I had.  Mom told me the soaking would have taken the starch out of the potatoes.  So there. But then when I checked the recipe again, I discovered that the recipe really did call for flour!

So I'm going to try this recipe one more time -- and I won't soak the potatoes and I won't leave out the flour!


No comments:

Post a Comment