Monday, February 18, 2013

So here's the short of it, 
Sewing....

And here's the long.

Sometime in the late 70's Mom bought me a Singer Touch and Sew sewing machine.  It's been a great machine through the years.  Now, I'm not a seamstress who sews all the time, but I have spells when I make things.  And I can make a pretty fine stitch if I say so myself.

Just before Christmas, I had a little project in mind to make for my family.  I got all the stuff together and then when I started to sew my good old Singer friend just wouldn't work.

Ever since I moved to Chattanooga, I've used the Pro-Sew shop to do regular maintenance and repair work.  So today I finally got the machine down to see about getting it fixed.  It seems that there are some gears that have to be replaced,and it's going to be a pretty expensive fix.  So I had a really nice visit with Henry - the owner of the shop - who told me today that he's 85 years old but wants to work another 3 years!  Then I packed the machine back up into the car and brought it home to decide what I'm going to do.

Maybe a new machine is in the works.....

No comments:

Post a Comment