Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Anatomy Lesson

So here's the short of it,
I am so sore and so tired!


And here's the long

I really have had an anatomy lesson. Who knew that you used your chest muscles just to hold a jar while your other hand opened it? Who knew that the muscles in your back work so hard just to compensate for chest muscles that aren’t able to carry their load? Who knew that surgical tape burns could hurt so much? And who knew that just walking would be so jarring that I would just ache?

I’m sure that many of you for one reason or another could have told me these things. But as we say in my line of work, there’s nothing like hands on experience to make the learning stick!

My Dad is still in the CSICU at Erlanger. He is so much better than on Sunday when the “event” as they are calling it, landed him there. He is on a respirator or ventilator so he’s not able to communicate with us and that’s really frustrating for him. I’m so eager for that part to pass so that we can talk with him instead of to him. I'm also eager for him to progress to a rehab facility!

At one point I was planning to try to work the last of this week and then next week until the next step in my treatment! What on earth was I thinking? I am so tired! I’ve slept so much and just going to the hospital to see Dad makes me so tired.

Tonight I am grateful for the gift of sleep and the knowledge that sleep brings healing.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for taking the time to share. Continued love and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are moments that require a crisis Banana Split, or whatever answers for one in your life, that thing you usually deny yourself that is the ultimate in indulgence. You are setting yourself ready for a crisis banana split--it HAS to happen. What's your ultimate?

    When my ex tried to do away with me and I had to hide under an assumed name in a motel 40 miles away, it was a Crisis Banana Split moment. You have yours. It is here. In fact, make it a double.

    Don't you wish life would ease up?-- It's such insult to injury with your father's situation and it's just WRONG. Wish we could just say NO dangit. Dangit Girl, it just ain't right and that's a southern fact!
    Katherine Benefield(aka Keevah)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tim sometimes forgets to tell me things, so please don't hesitate to yell if we can help at all. We will come right away. For now you are in our thoughts and prayers. Lots of love, Marghie, Tim, Alice, and Matthew.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynn, I have gotten in on the end of the situation. Emily e-mailed me that Gene was to have surgery on his neck, but she didn't say whether it was the carotid artery or a disk. Can you fill me in?

    I am so sorry you have a double load right now. You are in our prayers.

    Barbara and Lawrence Tuck, Middlesboro Kiwanis

    ReplyDelete