Sunday, May 31, 2009

Family Visits

So here's the short of it,
Dad's had lots of company and is doing better. I'm still mulling all the information from doctor visits and trying to come to a couple of decisions about treatment.


And here's the long

Both my brothers have been here this weekend. Steve, my younger brother came in on Saturday. His daughters all made the trek from their various homes to visit PaPa. Lauren and Ryan let their new baby girl, Madison Claire stay with me while they went to the hospital. That was pretty fun. Russ came in this afternoon.

Dad is much more comfortable now that he has the breathing tube removed from his throat and has the tracheotomy. He seems much stronger and even though he can't talk, we can try to lip read. He laughed some at the stories we told and seems in much better spirits. I finally figured out that I can buy a 7 day pass to the parking garage at Erlanger.

I am still thinking and working through all the pros and cons of the medical decisions I have to make. I thought I had a clear treatment path, but it's certainly less clear than I first imagined.


My dear friend Moggie sent this modern translation of Psalm 4
It is a great comfort to me right now.

Even in the midst of great pain, Lord,
I praise you for that which is.
I will not refuse this grief
or close myself to this anguish.
Let shallow men pray for ease:
"Comfort us; shield us from sorrow."
I pray for whatever you send me,
and I ask to receive it as your gift.
You have put a joy in my heart
greater than all the world's riches.
I lie down trusting the darkness,
for I know that even now you are here.

by Stephen Mitchell

Thank you Moggie.

1 comment:

  1. Lynn,
    I am thinking of you every day and know what you are going through. It will get better and I know you will be fine. My prayers are with you just remember I am here if you need to talk.

    Ginny Babcock

    ReplyDelete