Sunday, May 17, 2009

First Post

Tuesday morning I’ll have surgery to remove the cancer from my left breast.

I was quite surprised to learn that the suspicious place on my mammogram was cancer. I’ve had suspicious places before; I’ve been called back for an ultrasound before. I’ve even had a biopsy before. We don’t have a family history of breast cancer. Wow, was I surprised!

I think I’ve caught my breath now. I have breast cancer. I am led to understand that I have a difficult year ahead. I also understand that I have every reason to believe the outcome will be the very best – cancer free!

I’m incredibly fortunate to have family, friends, and colleagues to support me through this journey.

4 comments:

  1. Lynn,

    Thank you so much for taking the time to share updates with us. You're one special lady, and I love you. May you know the peace of God as you prepare for surgery.

    Please know that I have you and your family in my thoughts and prayers daily. Love to all - we'll talk soon.

    iHugs,
    Buddy (aka Wanda:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Lynn. It helps us to be able to keep in touch with you. Love, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love you
    Fight hard
    Love Jeanna & Robert

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynn, we are thinking about you and praying for a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete