Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Home From Surgery

First of all, thanks for your continued support through prayer, and positive thinking.

I'm home from the surgery. I don't even remember getting here! I do remember having all those wires inserted before the surgery! More OUCH! But boy am I glad the surgeon can make a grid to get to the right spot. Another plus, this time the anesthesia did NOT make me sick.

Of course we have to wait for the pathology - but Dr. Witherspoon told Alan that the margins looked clean. I'll get the full story including the later pathologies when I go back for the follow-up.

I'm pretty sleepy and will try to write more if I wake later tonight or tomorrow. My discomfort right now is primarily right under that big magic marker X marks the spot from the Sentinel Node Mapping Project! I've got a great little heart shaped pillow given to me by the wonderful people at the Mary Ellen Locher Center. It just fits the bill, under my arm for a little support and a bit of pressure on the sore place! Thanks Mary Ellen Locher center.

Go here to see the good work they do!
http://www.maryellenlocherfoundation.org/index.html

Here's a partial list of thank you's -
Alan - my wonderful husband who has been there every step of the way, never getting in the way of my need to be as independent as I can be.

Mom - From coming up on Saturday and putting in an herb garden, to making soup, to coming down and sitting in the waiting room!

Dad - One time I said, "Daddy can I hold onto to you?" and you replied, "Honey, you can always hold on, whenever you need to". Thanks for your quiet encouragement.

Mommy Anne - for your encouragement.

Shelley and Lou - Wow, what a support you've both been to help me sort through the medical terminology, and just be there.

Daniel - just checking in has been a great support for me.

Liga - your interest, and conversations, yes even your tears, have helped me get to this point.

Valdis - coming by, helping me with technology, and keeping your own stuff going in a positive direction is so helping me.

I know I owe lots more thank you's - and I promise I'll get to them,
But for now, one more thank you to the army of prayer warriors out there who have supported me in the way you know best to the God of your understanding - THANKS.

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad that things went well today and that you are home. I love the blog, love being able to check in on your progress. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do for you. You and your family continue to be in my thoughts!

    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  2. We send you our love Lynn - surround you with healing Light.
    Jessie Lee and Lan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love and healing thoughts and prayers are coming from Texas for you. Take care and GET WELL!!! Love Linda

    ReplyDelete