Sunday, September 5, 2010

So here's the short of it, 
 Ouch!   #+*^%!!!

And here's the long

As a final touch to getting the kitchen cleaned up before Valdis and Kalie came over for dinner, I decided to sharpen two of my knives with this knife sharpener gadget I found hiding under something.  I can tell you this -- I got my big knife really sharp!  I also threw away the sharpening gadget as soon as I got my finger fixed up. 

I guess I could have used a couple of stitches...  But I knew that on Sunday night before Labor Day, I'd have been at the ER until midnight or later.  I applied enough pressure to get the bleeding under control, and then whipped out the good old super glue.  I ended up with a seal of super glue and bleeding underneath it.  But it held and I'm sure it will be just fine.  The knife was so darn sharp that it didn't even really hurt!

Both Alan and Valdis wanted to know how in the world I cut myself on top of my finger!  Laughing.  I'm still not sure how I was holding that gadget.  Obviously, NOT the way I was supposed to!

I'm really fine.  Dexter is still with us tonight.  He's had fun romping all over the house with the big animals.  This afternoon Alan was taking a nap and I discovered that Dexter had curled up right next to his chest!  It reminded me of a time very long ago when I found my Dad stretched out on the sofa in the den in Pineville, KY, taking a nap, and there right on top of his chest were two tiny kittens sleeping away.  

No comments:

Post a Comment