Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Big Girl

So here's the short of it,
I think I've found my "big girl panties".

And here's the long
Yesterday I was talking with my dear friend Wanda and I think I was sounding a bit whiny or maybe a bit overwhelmed about all that's going on. So when I said something about the port, she told me it was time to get my big girl panties on. Her 3 year old granddaughter has a port and does just fine, thank you very much. Funny, today the hospital called me to tell me not to eat after midnight and all that stuff, and they told me to wear cotton panties to the surgery. Well, I guess I could count cotton panties as "big girl panties!"

Anyway, I took Lola (our cat) to the vet today and she did not like it one little bit. She tried every corner in the examination room to escape - including trying to crawl into the paper towel dispenser. Of course it didn't work. She still had to have that yucky ordeal of getting her temperature taken and getting her shots. She's home and doing just fine and doesn't even have the cognition to know that was all to help her stay well. So I won't be looking for an escape route tomorrow or Thursday.

I have a Lola story to tell tonight. When I don't get Lola's food dish filled up soon enough to suit her, she will always bring one of her small toys, like a fluffy chase ball or little catnip mouse, and put it right in her bowl. It's her signal to me. This morning she had put her little green catnip mouse right near the place where we kept Suni's bed.




2 comments:

  1. We are praying for you Aunt Lynn that your surgery went well today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Aunt Lynn! Just wanted to say hey and let you know Ryan and I are reading your blog and praying for you everyday! We love you so much!!! Can't wait to see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete