Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Musical Hearts

So here's the short of it
I'm pretty tired.

And here's the long
Alan and I spent most of the evening with my two brothers, my Mom, and my Aunt creating what the Shepherd Spine Center calls a Home Care Plan to show our commitment to bring Dad home after he completes his stay there. It was a monumental task and very sobering.

Our precious dog, Suni, is very sick again. Our vet has run some blood tests and urinalysis and thinks it's liver related. About 3 or 4 months ago she had an episode like this and recovered and has seemed so healthy! Now, it's really sad to see how sick she is.

Today I had my first echocardiogram. The ultrasound wand had to go right over the surgical site. I was really worried that it would be very painful, but it was OK. At one point, the technician turned on the sound to hear the heart. So get this, each one of our heart chambers has its own specific sound. The technician says each valve and each chamber in the heart has a different job to do and so each of them sound a bit different. I kept thinking that if we could hear all the sounds our bodies make it would be such an amazing symphony. Maybe the great musicians of the world somehow tap into those internal notes.

I have an appointment next week to have my port installed for the chemo and/or herceptin portion of my treatment protocol.

I'm still trying to do my homework to make a decision about the ALTTO trial. I spoke to one of the research nurses today and she answered a couple of questions. Am I closer to a decision? NO! Thanks to all of you who sent me your opinions - even if they were something like - oh my, I have no idea what I'd do!

The continued support of my family, friends, and work colleagues is keeping me going.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Lynn, I will endorse whatever choice you make as the right choice.

    J

    ReplyDelete