Wednesday, June 17, 2009

So here's the short of it,
My port is in and I am fine.

And here's the long
I am home and awake. My port is in. It's a little achy, but I'm really fine. I was scheduled for 2:30 this afternoon and so of course, I couldn't eat or drink from midnight until after the surgery. Boy was I ever hungry about 12:30 or 1:00 this afternoon! My midnight yogurt and peaches were long gone!

Everyone on my surgical team was just great this afternoon. The OR nurse and the Nurse Anesthetist spent some time talking with me before the surgery and were just great. The OR nurse told me more about what was going to happen to me during the whole process than anyone ever hqw before. Dr. Witherspoon as always, was great; she stopped by just a few minutes before I went back to chat with me. She left the needle in the port since tomorrow morning I go in for my first chemo treatment tomorrow morning and apparently it would be a little too sore to put it in tomorrow.

So it was successful!

Last night and this morning were pretty stressful with stuff going on with Dad.
It's so hard to see my strong, outgoing Dad barely able to move his arms and on a ventilator. He is so brave, so patient, and so wonderful. Today I went to see him before my surgery and I asked him to say a prayer for me before I had my procedure. He did "say" a prayer.
More on Dad at his blog for those of you who are following.

Thank you for your support.




1 comment:

  1. I'm proud of you, girl! Cotton panties and all :)

    You and your family continue to be in my heart and prayers.

    iHugs,
    Buddy

    ReplyDelete