Monday, June 15, 2009

OK God, I think I've had my quota

So here's the short of it,
I had a great appointment with a counselor to begin to work on stress management today.

And here's the long
Last week when I saw my primary care physician, she suggested that I meet with someone to work on some stress management techniques. I didn't hesitate - I'm probably as stressed as I've been in a long, long time! So today I had that appointment. I will be working with Nora Moore for awhile to learn some of the techniques she has in her bag of tricks. It was a great first visit, and I feel like she'll be invaluable to me as I negotiate the next weeks and months.

She suggested that it was time for me to say, "Ok God, I think I've had my quota." That just hit the mark. It has felt good today to just say that, to just know that.

Now that I've made my decision to get going with the standard treatment things will move pretty fast. My port goes in Wednesday, and Thursday morning I'll have my first chemotherapy treatment.

Today I am so grateful for all of you who have been so supportive.
I am so lucky to have family and friends and friends who are like family who keep me so encouraged.

2 comments:

  1. You sound good....I hope you'll share your stress management techniques...I think I know quite a few people who could benefit!!! (including myself)
    I believe you made a good, thoughtful decision for your treatment...no looking back, only forward. I love you and am so proud of you-
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear cousin Lynn, I love you. Sue

    ReplyDelete