Saturday, June 20, 2009

So here's the short of it,

I've been very tired today with some continuing flu-like symptoms.

And here's the long

I didn't sleep well again last night. Up at about 3 o'clock for nearly 3 hours. I just got on up and continued reading a wonderful book called The Middle Place . Thanks Wanda, it's just what I needed to get me through a sleepless night! I did finally go back to sleep and slept in very late for me.

Today I have been awfully tired, and I continue to have some flu-like symptoms. However, I'm not having any fever, so that's a good thing. I am alternating between chills and hot flashes. It seems that I can feel my skin, it's a very strange feeling. I have been faithful about taking my anti-nausea medicine, so that's not been a problem. I have had a bout with constipation that demanded prunes to solve, followed by diarrhea which was solved by the doctor ordered dosage of Immodium AD.

This afternoon Alan went with me for a very short grocery trip to bring in some things for next week. Just two bags of groceries and a very short time in the store and I was exhausted! I've not gotten the hang of an afternoon nap, but I'm going to keep working at that.

I think the thing that is most difficult for me right now is not going to the hospital to visit my Dad. I know he understands, and I know I'm doing the right thing, but I do so want to see him.

No comments:

Post a Comment