Wednesday, September 14, 2011

So here's the short of it, 
Fleas....

And here's the long.

Today I was in a meeting in one of our middle schools - the assistant principal was in attendance.  In a joking around moment before the meeting started, he said something like - OK lets all do a good job for the next two days, and Central Office has said we can have the next two days off.

I just had to chuckle. I'm waiting for those two days off!

This afternoon I was finishing my work day over at our main office. We were required to leave the building at 4:00.  There is a flea infestation in the whole office complex!  Apparently some feral cats have taken up residence under the buildings.  There is no money to replace the carpet - it is horrible - and now it has fleas!

Anyway they are bombing the buildings again this evening.

I feel really lucky that I work down at W. 40th street after this afternoon.  Of course we did have a little garter snake on the elevator one day not long ago - it scared the willies out of most people in the building. For a few days after, we had the smell of moth balls in the elevator as they put something in  it to make Mr. Snakey stay out of the elevator!

This evening I was glad to come home to a place where we don't have snakes or fleas!  Just two sweet fur babies and a lovely husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment