Thursday, September 1, 2011

So here's the short of it, 
Oh my!  Hershey, Hershey, Hershey!

And here's the long.

Hershey is going to spend the night with Sophie tonight.

Mom's been gone to California to hold Avery.  And Hershey has been by herself.  Amy Wright has been going by every morning to take care of her, and I've been stopping by every evening to check on the house, feed her, and give her a little attention.

On Wednesday, I had Liga bring her up here for the afternoon so she could have a play date with Sophie.  Valdis came over to do a little work for me, and he took her back down and locked her up in her yard as he left.  This morning, Sophie got out the front door when I went to get the paper, and when I was out in the yard (yes in my robe) I heard all kinds of commotion, dog commotion that is down at Moms.  I had on my agenda to go out that way and check on things as I left for work.

Well, as I was getting ready to go out the door, Sophie just started barking up a storm.  I couldn't see anything at all that she could be barking at - but since she only does that when something's going on I didn't want to leave the house until I solved the mystery.  The mystery turned out to be Hershey!  She had gotten out and come back up for a visit!  When I called Amy to let her know not to come over to take care of her, I discovered that they had already been - maybe they had been there when I heard all the ruckus before!  Anyway, I decided to leave her here at the house today while I went to work. This evening, Valdis came back to help me in the garden, and when he left, I had him put her back in the yard at Mom's!

Liga came over for a quick little visit just a few minutes later (I think they are keeping a check on me while Alan's gone). And as we were talking, Lo and Behold!  Sophie started barking like crazy and there was Hershey at the front door!

So here's my solution.  
She is just going to stay up here with Sophie until Mom gets home.  
They'll have a big time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment