Wednesday, September 21, 2011

So here's the short of it, 
Your thoughts and prayers will sustain us.

And here's the long.

Tonight Alan and David were able to get into Pennie's e-mail account and send this e-mail to "her list"


Hello All, this is David writing on behalf of our Mother Pennie.  For those that have not heard, she has had a very precipitous decline in her health over the past few days that led us to admit her to the hospital early Monday Morning.  She is mainly unresponsive on bed rest receiving pain medication as needed. She sleeps most of the time comfortably.  After visiting with her doctor, we have decided that she is not going to be able to continue this fight any longer.  She is simply too weak.  With that in mind, we know this is not the way she would want to go on.  We have therefore decided to end her suffering and call in hospice.  She is going to be discharged from the hospital this evening and sent to her home tonight.  She is constantly surrounded by myself, Brian, Alan and Myra as well as our family and friends that are here.  Keith is due in tomorrow night at which time we will begin to let her go.

I will try to keep this list posted as best as possible over the next few days, but I know Mom would want all of you to know what was happening.  It is a very sad time for all us and I would like to thank you all for enriching her life and making it a blessing.  Please keep her in your thoughts as this very difficult battle comes to a close.

Love to all,

David on behalf of Pennie Pearlman

The message below is the last one that she sent regarding her treatment.


I am back from Dr. Fink's office. My platelets were off, so all I had today was the parp without the two chemo drugs. Those drugs are gemcitabine/carboplatin. I will do the same thing on Thursday, then next week I will go on Monday for just labs. The next week it is assumed that I will begin round two with all three drugs, but we'll see about that later.
This is neither good news nor bad news, it's just what it is. Brian and I think they may reduce my dosages because I am a small woman, but we're just guessing, which is human, but not very useful. I weigh 111 now, which is moving in the right direction!
Let's keep good thoughts only!
Much love
 

No comments:

Post a Comment