Thursday, September 8, 2011

So here's the short of it, 
I raise a glass to you (and you, and you, and you!)
A glass of wonderful water that is!

And here's the long.

So this morning I woke up to my first batch of home distilled water. When I opened up the distiller this morning, there was a residue left behind that made me pretty glad I wasn't going to be drinking that (whatever it was!)  I've been sipping on my new water off and on all day.  I think even the distilled water I've been buying must absorb some taste from the plastic it's stored in.  This water really tastes nice! Wonder why I didn't think of a distiller a long time ago!

I rounded up a few glass containers to store the water in - looks like that will be the next task - finding what containers I want to keep it in, and deciding how much we want to keep on hand.  I don't want the containers to be too small, but if they're really large, they'll need to be shaped in a way that makes them easy to handle. I also need a few glass drinking bottles for taking drinking water to work.  Now, I may just use ball jelly jars for that purpose - maybe I won't get really weird looks if I take a jelly jar of water in my lunch! But they are way too small to store water for cooking and making coffee.  The coffee takes about a 1/2 gallon for a full pot so I need some larger storage options that will be easy to handle.

What a pleasant task - figuring out how to put the puzzle together to make one more thing in life a little better!

No comments:

Post a Comment