Wednesday, September 28, 2011

So here's the short of it, 
It's good to be home. 

And here's the long.

We are home.  It's a long day's drive from Tampa to Chattanooga, but we pressed through.
Liga and I shared the drive/ride - it was nice to get some one on one time.

We managed to hit the outskirts of Atlanta right at rush hour.  I was reminded once again why I really love living in Chattanooga!

Mom came by after church tonight so we were able to have a short nice visit with her, and Valdis came by to pick up his clothes that we brought back from Florida (so he didn't have to check a bag on the way back). Then there's the welcome home from Sophie and Lola. I'm sitting in the recliner - Lola is stretched out on my lap after spending at least an hour head bumping me and licking me - Sophie is finally stretched out asleep waiting for me to head to bed.  She's herded me from the car to the house, around the circle, and has barely left my side since I got home.  We heard from the neighbor that she got kind of barky at night while we were gone. I hope she was just suffering from being lonely and now that her family is back home, she'll be settled down.

My brain is still spinning a little too fast to sleep although I'm pretty tired from the emotional weekend and the long drive home. Some rest will be just the ticket to bring back some equilibrium.


No comments:

Post a Comment