Sunday, January 13, 2013

So here's the short of it, 
The end of another weekend is here. And the work week is calling.

And here's the long.

Family dinner was nice this evening. I made a beef stew and started it in the crock pot last night - - It was really tender and lovely - and a favorite of the crowd.  These days the potatoes aren't in the stew, but mashed so the stew can be poured over.  Seems that's a good change up.

But now, I'm sitting in the den.  Lola cat is snuggled on my leg - - Sophie is snoozing on the carpet nearby.  Now I'm getting myself ready for the covers.  Lola and Sophie will tuck me in and find their night time spots.  Then tomorrow morning I'll be greeted by the smell of coffee brewing and the gentle nudges of a kitty letting me know my alarm will be ringing in just a few minutes.

And there will be work to do.  I'm looking forward to all that we have to do this semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment