Tuesday, December 27, 2011

So here's the short of it, 
E-mail!!!

And here's the long.

We have an ultimatum from work that our e-mail must be below 150 mg.
We had until December 20th to get our e-mails compliant with the new limits. Then we were rescued by having the deadline pushed to January 9th!  Of course lots of us needed that extra time.  I am WAY over the minimum!!

I went in to the office today - well not a full day as I went late and had to come home at 3:30 because they were closing the building.  I worked on e-mail the whole time - and I'm still not low enough!

For a long time they told us that if we would get them out of our in-box and put them in folders that we'd be OK.  Turns out that was not true.  It was still taking up space!  So I've been diligently putting my e-mails in folders all this time.  Now I'm just deleting them!  I've even stopped worrying about deleting "something I might need".  I probably have a couple more days to get this accomplished.  I'll probably go in on Thursday for a bit and work on it a little more.

I'm glad to have good work to do.  I'm glad to have an office to go to. I'm glad to have e-mail and not have to rely on interoffice paper mail anymore.  This e-mail limit is hard - but I'm glad for it. I have a hard time throwing things away, and this is good practice.  After I get all the e-mails deleted, I'm going to tackle one of my file cabinets, and then another one, and then another!

Wish me luck and send my positive good vibes for support!

No comments:

Post a Comment