Saturday, December 31, 2011

So here's the short of it, 
So another year's over and a new one is beginning.

And here's the long.

I've never done very well with keeping resolutions, so I've decided not to make any New Year's resolutions this year.

I am going to focus on one thing though.

Beauty - I'm going to try to notice something that I think is beautiful every single day. Of course this world holds so much beauty that shouldn't really be very hard - actually when the days get a little longer, we often start the day with a beautiful sunrise right out the front window! And I'm really lucky that my job has me in schools so often.  There's really nothing more beautiful than our children.

So this year whenever I'm feeling sadness, pain, fear, or regrets, I'm going to try to remember to focus my mind on the beauty around me.











No comments:

Post a Comment