Tuesday, December 13, 2011

So here's the short of it, 
I finished today in a great way.  

And here's the long.

I met a former student for a coffee at Starbucks after work.  I do love staying in touch with former students.

I walked in and Lydia (beautiful Lydia) stood up and wrapped her arms around me and just gave me a most wonderful hug. Wow.  It's been a long time since I've seen her and it was great.  We drank coffee (well a chia tea latte for me) and talked for an hour and a half.  I left thinking - "gee that gave me enough goodness to last at least another year"!  Thanks for that Lydia.

Sometimes when I visit with former students they say lots of thank yous and such.  But you know, I'm the one that has a thank you.  So many of them taught me and helped me grow professionally or personally.  I have been so blessed to have had the opportunity to teach so many fabulous students.

Thanks Lydia -  You are amazing.  And I am so excited for the students that you are going to be teaching and reaching in the years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment