Tuesday, December 6, 2011

So here's the short of it, 
We are playing musical offices at work. 

And here's the long.

There are four of us relocating to "new to us" office spaces. I have an office mate.  We had to move first before the other two could move - but couldn't move into our new space because it's still occupied.  So the other day Valdis came and helped us get our stuff that's all  boxed and crated up into a small empty space just to stage it until we can get into the office we'll be moving to - it will be the last one to be empty.

Then the office mate that needed to move second (into our now emptied office space) needed to have a space to stage some of her office things.  I really understand that.  So today Valdis came and moved seven filing cabinets (full) out of our eventual office space and then hauled all the stuff out of the area where we had staged the boxes of our office stuff and stacked it up into the space where those filing cabinets had been.  He worked like a big horse!

In the meantime I'm working in a little small temporary space where my computer's hooked up - but I don't have access to files now, and I even have to borrow a paperclip!

Oh well, I can do this.  In a couple weeks it will all be done and we can get settled in.
And I can borrow paperclips, staplers, and post its until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment