Friday, December 23, 2011

So here's the short of it, 
Last night the Crock Pot, Today the Kitchen Cabinet!

And here's the long.

I've lived in this house for 24 years. When I first moved in and got the kitchen cabinets organized, the cooking oils in tall containers went on the top shelf to the right of the stove. They've been there all these years. Whenever I needed to use cooking oil, I had to drag out my step stool or tiptoe as tall as I could possibly reach in order to get what I needed.

As the years have passed and usage has changed and packaging has changed, nothing in my kitchen changed.  But that tiptoe feat has gotten harder and harder over the last couple of years because of the continuing neuropathy in my feet and the fact that I am now prone to muscle cramps when I press my muscles as far as they will reach like that tiptoe pose.                

Then came today...

I was getting ready to use some cooking oil when it occurred to me that the cooking oil containers I now buy (and have been buying for maybe the last ten years) will easily fit on the second shelf!!!

I reorganized things around a little bit and now I have things that I use very infrequently on the very top as well as things that are still too tall for the second shelf, but the cooking oil fits very nicely all on one lazy susan on the second shelf and it's easy peasy to reach.

Wonder what I'll think of tomorrow.  And more importantly, I wonder what changes I could easily make that would make my life so much easier that I just haven't "seen" because I'm still doing things out of habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment