Friday, March 9, 2012

So here's the short of it, 
I stayed home today

And here's the long.


I decided to stay home today - since I have so much sick time accrued and I didn't want to spend my day in the bright lights and looking at a computer screen. Most of the day I took it easy and kept myself inside in dim light.  I did have enough energy to tackle a big pile on my kitchen counter and am quite glad to have moved it out of the kitchen!

My eye seems to be OK.  I do have a bit of a headache - it's right over my left eye - feeling the same as it did right after they finished the procedure.  It's a good thing I'm having a long weekend I think.

Mom made dinner tonight.  Alan wasn't able to go so she and I had dinner together.  She made chicken and dumplings that were great.  In the last 3 or 4 years that Dad was alive he was searching for a dumpling recipe that he called slick dumplings.  Mom said that at church last week a friend was talking about making dumplings out of pastry dough.  So she gave that a try adding just a bit more flour. We both thought it might have been close to the dumpling that Dad was trying to replicate. It was really good! 




No comments:

Post a Comment