Tuesday, March 20, 2012

So here's the short of it, 
Just some random thoughts.

And here's the long.

No kids at schools today.  Well only those taking the ACT - so I had a full day in the office and I'll have to say I had big plans for getting a bunch of stuff done.  I actually got waylaid two times - so I didn't get it all done.  We had to move our office before we were out for winter break and I still have about 5 big boxes that need to be unloaded.  I did manage to make some headway.  I have a bit of time tomorrow morning and I'm going to see how much I can get done then.  

This evening I enjoyed some time "porch sitting" after dinner.  Alan and I just relaxed on the porch and Sophie stretched out in the front yard and just kept an eye on things in the circle.  This is the first time ever that we've had a dog that would just hang out with us instead of running crazy around the neighborhood!  She's actually the first dog we've ever been able to have outside the fence without a leash.

I thought I'd lost $20 today.  Now I don't lose money - I might waste money, but I never lose it!  Today was a blue jeans day and I stuffed a twenty in my pocket on my way out the door.  When I got to work it wasn't in my pocket.  I imagined that I had just left it on my dresser and didn't think any more about it.  I have soup and a few other non-perishable groceries in the office, and since I was hammering away with my boxes of stuff I needed to work on, I just had a quick lunch in.  When I got home the $20 was NOT on my dresser.  After dinner Sophie walked me out to the car to check out the possibility it might be there.  As soon as I opened the drivers side door, I could see it sticking up in the space between the driver's seat and the part of the floorboard that's elevated where the door closes.  I'm sure lucky it didn't just fall out in the parking lot!  And I'm pretty lucky that it wasn't really lost!






No comments:

Post a Comment