Thursday, March 15, 2012

So here's the short of it, 
OK!  One more day of this early rising!

And here's the long.

I've actually fared better than I imagined I would!  I've been able to get up. I will have to admit that I've had to have two alarms.  I actually set three alarms every morning, but was able to get up with only two - - - that sort of isn't true.  The first day Alan nudged me after the second alarm so that probably counts as three.  Only one more day and then I'll have the weekend.  I'll try to catch up on some of my sleep debt.  I think maybe by the end of next week my body will have adjusted.  I can really tell that it takes me longer now than it used to!

I like the extra daylight at the end of the day.  Sophie just loves it because that's more time for her to be outside with me!

Next year I am going to distinctly mark my calendar and try not to schedule very early meetings that are 30 or 45 minutes away from home!

I think one of my big issues is that even though I'm tired, I don't really get sleepy until pretty late.  I've read that it's because of that great inventor Thomas Edison.  I recently read that before the invention of the electric light people generally got 9 hours of sleep every night.  But that now that we have televisions, computers, and of course a light to read the books by - most people get only about 7 hours.  Wow!  that's a huge change I think.  I wonder what kinds of differences that's made for people.  I'll have to ask the sisters to talk about that!



No comments:

Post a Comment