Tuesday, March 6, 2012

So here's the short of it, 
Today I spent a wonderful day in a Professional Development on bullying 

And here's the long.

There was good attendance and as usual Facing History and Ourselves presented very powerful content! I feel so fortunate to have worked with the folks from Facing History for so many years.  I've seen this curriculum change students and change classrooms.  I think it's possible for it to really change the tone in whole schools.

I love so many things about this kind of Professional Development, but the absolute interactive quality of the day was so wonderful. I was really glad that several of the teachers that I get to work with were able to be there. We sure have our share of bullying issues from both ends!

One of the most interesting topics of conversation that kept popping up from one participant in particular was the problem of teachers who bully, allow students to bully, or have a classroom that in one way or another gives students permission to bully outside their classroom or the school!  I'm glad to have had my head put in that place.

I'm excited that we have a whole year of funding for more work with Facing History!


No comments:

Post a Comment