Sunday, June 17, 2012

So here's the short of it,
Happy Father's Day to all the Fathers in my life. 

And here's the long.

First of all Happy Father's Day to Dad.  Even though you are no longer here, you continue to be the man who influences me more than any other man in the world. Thank you for helping to shape me into the woman I became -- well, I'm still working on it and you, Gene Howard continue to be perhaps my most significant guidepost.

Then to Alan - my dear husband.  Father to my two wonderful stepchildren, Shelley, and Daniel, and to our wonderful children Liga and Valdis.  Thanks for hanging in all these years.  It's been quite the ride, and I'm looking forward to what the future will bring.

Then to Lou - who is strongly on my mind these last few days. Father to our two wonderful grandchildren, Max and Caleb - and strong partner for our beautiful Shelley!

So to you three and all the other men who have been a Fatherly influence in my life.

Happy Father's Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment