Wednesday, June 27, 2012

So here's the short of it, 
We're here in New Haven. 

And here's the long.

Our flight was early.  And I didn't get my coffee quota!  As a result I've been sleepy all day.  The second leg of our flight from Charlotte to Hartford found me trying to read and trying to nap, and not being very successful at either.  I couldn't keep my eyes open if I was trying to read, but as soon as I got into a nap, it seemed that I woke for one reason or another.  I'm sure looking forward to getting a good night's sleep!

Our first stop as soon as we checked into the hotel was the hospital for a good visit with Shelley.  We were both very relieved to have a chance to see her with our own eyes, talk with her and see how things are going.  She is hoping to be able to come home tomorrow - so we'll see how that goes.  She felt up to taking a little walk, so we went to the Healing Garden on top of the 7th floor and sat for a nice pleasant visit.  It was such a nice change of pace from the hospital room.  From there Shelley decided she wanted to try something different from the food she'd been getting so we stopped at the staff/visitor cafeteria - I guess it's the same food, but maybe more choices?  She was too tired to stay there to eat, so we headed back to the room.  She was really tired from all that exertion.



Our next stop was her house.  We had a good but very short visit with Lou and Max since they were on the way to have a visit with Shelley.  We are expecting to have more time with Max tomorrow! When they left we had a good long snuggle visit with Caleb.  He is such a sweetie!  We left him in the very capable hands of his Grammy.

We are both pretty tired, so this will be an early evening and a full day tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment