Saturday, June 9, 2012

So here's the short of it, 
This is National Dairy Goat Awareness Week!

And here's the long.


I've been going to the Saturday Farmer's Market at Grace Episcopal Church from time to time.  Last week I saw a sign at the Dixie Soap stall that they would be bringing their goats this week.  It seems that in 1988 President Reagan proclaimed the second week in June as National Dairy Goat Awareness Week.  Mom was interested in going  --  Mia and Clyde were at Mom's when I went to pick her up so they went as well.



Aphrodite was one of the does that they brought.  She sure was ready to be milked!  There were lots of families there with their children to watch the milking!  I had fun too.  I've seen cows milked but I'd never seen a dairy goat being milked before!

Dixie Soap uses their goat's milk for the soaps and lotions that they make and sell at the Farmer's Market every week.  I always love to stop at their stall.  They have such interesting things.  I've never made soap but keep thinking it couldn't be that hard!

Anyway if you'd like to visit the website of Dixie Farms just follow the link!




No comments:

Post a Comment