Sunday, June 10, 2012

So here's the short of it, 
More summer cooking.

And here's the long.

We had a nice late lunch today.  Myra, Mom, and the kids.  Lunch was great and the company was wonderful.
Those summer lunch menus!  Mom picked green beans from her garden this morning and cooked them for us - she also brought, at Liga's request fried squash. Linda's produce market had some patty pan squash yesterday.  So I picked up some of that for Mom to use.  I'd never had it fried before, and I really like it!

We also had fried corn from Linda's - Peaches and Cream corn and some tomatos and cucumbers.  

I made spoon bread using the recipe from Boone Tavern in Berea.  It was really good, but next time I'll cut that recipe in half.  You can find the recipe I used at this link to the website Saveur.


No comments:

Post a Comment