Sunday, June 3, 2012

So here's the short of it, 
I may have lost one of my favorite jobs. 

And here's the long.

Over the years I've cut Valdis' hair more than any barber.  Especially when he was a little fellow and loved to wear a buzz cut in the summer.

Once when he was about 10 or 11 years old I did a haircut - not a buzz - and it was not to his liking.  As usual it was a cut done late in the evening and all the barbers were closed.  He came up with the idea that a really good marketing idea would be to have an "emergency room" barber/hairdresser shop where people could go when someone made a huge error when trying to do their hair!

I really made a big one tonight.  I was using the clippers and we agreed on a 1/2 inch.  It was looking really good.  I got the guard off and got his neck good and then trimmed up around his ears.  Then we decided to do one last pass especially around his ears.  I do NOT know what I was thinking.  I made a short pass with the guard off and took off about two inches up one side of his head!  Of course, there was no choice left - I had to go ahead and buzz the rest of it off.  I felt so horrible about that mistake!

I'll have to say he was much more gracious than most people would have been about my mistake!
But I don't know if he'll ever let me cut his hair again!

Valdis - if you ever take time to read this - I'm really sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment