Saturday, June 2, 2012

So here's the short of it, 
Wedding...


And here's the long.


I had the pleasure of attending a lovely wedding this afternoon. It's been probably a couple of years since I haven't been to anything at the First Christian Church for a long time.  They've done some remodeling and - I believe painted the sanctuary.  It was certainly a beautiful affair!  I'll have to admit that there were so many school people there, I almost thought it was a work day!


The wedding was sweet and simple.  And I enjoyed being with them. I had to chuckle - Rev. Paul Rebelo said that since they were such logical people they had decided to skip the part asking if anyone had any objections.  They told him that if any one objected they had had three years to tell them about it and so Rev Rebelo intoned that at this point if anyone objected they were to "forever hold your peace".  I wasn't the only one in attendance that got a good chuckle.   


Ben's Mom, Max, is one of my former co-workers. She's been retired a couple of years and my oh my, she is looking fine!  It was so good to see her and get a hug.  



No comments:

Post a Comment