Thursday, September 6, 2012

So here's the short of it, 
I need another plan. 

And here's the long.

Today I had a meeting I had to attend.  It was held at the new EastSide Utility District.  It's a great meeting space just next to our central office.  The building is brand new and the rooms (and yes restrooms) are so lovely.  The meeting room is big and bright with space for projecting presentations and good acoustics.

The furniture - now that's a different story - big plastic tables and the folding plastic chairs.  What a problem for my back.

Now Alan has suggested that I try out all of our outdoor leisure folding chairs until I find one that I can sit in and then carry it around in the car.  Then when I find myself in those situations that seem to happen about a half a dozen times every year, I can be pro-active about taking care of my back.

I've been nursing my achey back since about mid-morning because of those dumb chairs.  But a heating pad and some gentle stretches seem to be helping.  I'll pop a some ibuprofen before I head to bed and tomorrow I'll probably feel much better.  And if not, most of my day is in my office where I have a great chair that helps me manage!

So I think Alan's got good advice.  I'll figure out one of those chairs that doesn't give me back problems and it'll all be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment