Thursday, September 27, 2012

So here's the short of it, 
Today is the anniversary of my Dad's death.

And here's the long.

I can hardly believe that three years have gone by.

This afternoon after work, Alan and I picked up Mom - We stopped off at the Bi-Lo Grocery and picked up some beautiful fall flowers.

It's such a short drive to the cemetery and we were there in no time.  The weather was just absolutely beautiful.  They've been hard at work all summer long on the maintenance and Dad's section looked especially good.  They've laid down new sod and raised Dad's headstone so that all the lettering is clearly visible.

Mom had one of the cemetery supplied flower containers and there on the spot made such a beautiful arrangement. We sat there and visited for a bit.

We all miss Dad so much.  It's been so hard on Mom to spend these last few years without her life partner.  They were certainly a pair.  I used to tell people that between them they probably knew the answer to most everything! There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of Dad. Of course some days more than others, but there's always something that reminds me of him and causes a tug at my heart.

Anyway, after the cemetery, we stopped at Wally's - opened in 1937 - and had dinner together.  Now somehow that seemed to be a good way to end the evening.



No comments:

Post a Comment