Friday, September 28, 2012

So here's the short of it, 
I'm really grateful that the weekend is here!

And here's the long.

Mom had us down for dinner this evening.  Last night when we were at dinner I tried to order pinto beans in a vegetable plate and they were out of them. I said something about having a craving for pinto beans -- and mentioned that I would be making some over the weekend since they didn't have any.  Mom called and said that she was making us some beans for dinner.

I'm pretty lucky to have a Mom down the street who still likes to cook for us!  She made beans, fried green tomatoes, cole slaw, and cornbread.  Yummy.  As Dad used to say when she'd make that meal "this is food fit for a king"!

Hoping to sleep in tomorrow morning.  And hoping to get to sleep early and easy tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment