Sunday, September 9, 2012

So here's the short of it, 
Today was a nice end to the weekend. 

And here's the long.

Today I sent a text to my neighbor that I was going to be in the garden for just a little while to gather tomatoes in case the boys wanted to come over.  By the time they were home from their excursion and she let me know I was already back inside the house - and only Ian wanted to come over, so I invited him to come over and pick some herbs and help me with dinner.

It was fun to have a little guy around - well he's 8 - that's not so very little.  He didn't get to stay for dinner, but his Mom promised a raincheck.  He peeled cucumbers and cut up chives for the tomato cucumber salad.  He helped me check the temperature on the chicken and then take it out to cool.  He was so excited to be in the kitchen and helping out.  I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes quite the cook as he becomes older.

Dinner turned out to be really good.  Liga ran over on her "lunch break", and Mom and Russ came up.  We had a great visit and after dinner spent some time just enjoying the cooler evening on the front porch.  I really do like it when my brothers come for a visit.  There's something about those guys I grew up with that is just special beyond measure.


No comments:

Post a Comment