Monday, October 15, 2012

So here's the short of it, 
I find myself wondering how sleep really works.

And here's the long.

Last night I had one of those nights that felt as though I didn't sleep.  Of course I know that's not true, but there was that weird feeling of being just on the edge of sleep or maybe it's just on the edge of wakefulness...

My back was hurting, but not that keep you wide awake really severe pain -- just the oh yea, my back hurts wonder if that's why I'm having trouble sleeping kind of pain.

Anyway, I wonder what kind of rest one really gets on nights like that. I don't remember dreaming, unless my dream was that I wasn't sleeping.  And I don't remember getting up or looking at the clock many times which is something that sometimes happens. And I wasn't really that tired during the day either.

So I find myself wondering about sleep - it's restorative powers; the different kinds of sleep; the routines that help one go to sleep -- and how easy it is to fall asleep sometimes; and how difficult sometimes when we are trying to chase it down!

For now, night night!

No comments:

Post a Comment