Sunday, October 14, 2012

So here's the short of it, 
Malala Yousafzai this is for you!

And here's the long.

There were so many days that I took going to school for granted.  Certainly as a 14 year old girl, I didn't understand the value of "getting to go to school".  There were no people in my world who believed that women shouldn't be schooled.  There were certainly a few who didn't see the value of college for women - but no one would have come after me with a gun.

Malala is in a hospital, still in a coma and on a respirator.  She was shot point blank in the head.  Those who shot her have sworn that if she survives, they will find her again and kill her.

Her crime.  She wants to go to school.  She wants to be educated!

In a CNN interview last year, she said, " I have the right to play. I have the right to sing. I have the right to talk. I have the right to go to market. I have the right to speak up."

The Taliban has taken responsibility for the shooting.  They believe that no girl should be educated. Taliban spokesperson Ihsanullah Ihsan said, "We do not tolerate people like Malala speaking against us.  It's reminiscent of Herman Goering who said, "Education is dangerous - Every educated person is a future enemy."

Young girls everywhere will be moved by this story!  Here's a link to the most recent developments.

Malala -  prayers and the positive thoughts of the world surround you.
You are such a hero.  You are in my thoughts and prayers so often these days.







No comments:

Post a Comment