Monday, October 1, 2012

So here's the short of it, 
I had a regular check up with my oncologist today. 

And here's the long.

We chatted about how things are going.  And I got some good information.
My blood work is fine, and he's sending out for a check up on my magnesium levels. I've been taking over the counter magnesium because it keeps my leg cramping at bay.  When I don't take the magnesium, I'm prone to night time cramps in my legs and feet and hands.  When I do take the magnesium I have mild cramping in my hands and my feet, but not usually at night - and certainly not the jerk you awake screaming kind of cramps that I was having.  It's the Arimidex that is causing the cramping I'm almost certain - and Dr. Schlabach seemed to agree that it's probably the cause.  However, he thinks that the magnesium is most likely the cause of my diarrhea distress.

So he gave me a prescription for a specific kind of magnesium.  We'll see how that works.  He gave me a plan B and a plan C as well.  So for right now I'm good to go.

And here's this.  He's the best doctor!


No comments:

Post a Comment