Saturday, May 28, 2011

So here's the short of it, 
Alan's been sick all day.

 And here's the long.

This morning when I woke, Alan was moaning and groaning - it was a bout of really bad nausea.  I called in to the answering service and got Dr. Jolly.  Alan and I both thought it was food poisoning, but Dr. Jolly said that there's a really bad stomach virus going around  - that's what she thought it probably was. She gave him a prescription for phenergan. But since the Pharmacy doesn't open until 9:00 - he had a couple more hours of that awful nausea. The phenergan knocks him out, so he's been in the bed all day.  I thought about a few weeks ago when I had that awful nausea and vomiting that I attributed to food poisoning, and wonder if I got that virus early on.

Anyway, whether it's food poisoning or the virus, I hope it's mostly gone by tomorrow - except that he still has fever. We are supposed to drive down for Meredith's wedding in Atlanta. I hope he's feeling well enough to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment