Wednesday, May 11, 2011

So here's the short of it, 
Oh, I so enjoyed my morning!

And here's the long.

This morning I was working with a teacher in a classroom of 20 middle schoolers in one of our urban schools. We pulled them all together for a special day to do a study using the paperclip project in Whitwell, TN, called One Clip At A Time. What a great day. I had to tag team with my colleague because I had some afternoon obligations. I sure would have liked to be with that group all day! Even though I only got to be with them until right after lunch, it gave me a boost of energy to wind up the year.

The backdrop to all that is our Superintendent's sudden announcement that he will accept a buy out to leave our system! Of course that scuttlebutt had going around and around ever since the last board election when things looked like they were going south for him. Our $14 million deficit might look a little different if he goes. At least that's what most people around here think. Lots and lots of people think they've been holding that money out to force this decision.

It makes me wish .....

So we will see what happens.  The board still has to vote to buy him out and at this time apparently there's no money to do that!

Even with all that, it seems that the new Superintendent has all but been chosen. That will be interesting too. I wonder what else the shake down will be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment