Thursday, May 26, 2011

So here's the short of it, 
Mom and I made an early Memorial Day visit to the cemetery.  

And here's the long.

Since Mom is going to Atlanta tomorrow to be there for all the pre-wedding festivities, we went to the cemetery today.  At lunchtime, she and I met at the cemetery.  Dad loved red roses so much, and they seemed so appropriate for Memorial Day.  

As we were leaving Mom said something to me and I didn't hear it, when I asked her to repeat it, I could see that she was choked up a bit and weepy.  She said, "Last Sunday it was two years since he was home." 

It hardly seems possible that it's been two years since he went to the hospital for some routine surgery that would turn into the nightmare that led to his death.

We miss him so much, and are so glad that Mom is here in Chattanooga so nearby.

No comments:

Post a Comment