Friday, May 6, 2011

So here's the short of it,
Oh Friday, how welcome you are!

And here's the long.

I am so very thankful that tomorrow can be a sleep in day! This morning when my alarm sounded I thought I could hear my pillow whispering "don't go.... don't go...."  So I'm pretty tired. Lucky me, I came home to a husband who had brought in barbeque for dinner!

Today, I told my boss today that staffing our program was about like trying to make a batter without enough eggs. I think she appreciated my analogy - but she could only say - "yes, that's what we are all trying to do."  I don't mean this to be any kind of criticism against my boss.  She is at her wits end to make up the shortfall given the budget crisis and is actually doing a rather heroic job considering. But it's still awfully hard to make it work.

I'm looking forward to doing a bit of gardening this weekend and having a good Mother's Day celebration. That should lift my spirits.

No comments:

Post a Comment