Wednesday, May 4, 2011

So here's the short of it, 
Work and reflection.

And here's the long.

The other day I had the opportunity to work for a bit with a colleague that I don't see very often. She works in a different department and though we've known one another for a long time, we don't see each other or have a chance to work together often.  We are working a a project and needed some advice from her department so had a short meeting.  I've been a bit deflated about some of the set backs we've had this spring, including cutting our staff.

Today I had an e-mail from this colleague with a quotation she attributed to the Kabbalists.  It really gave me a moment of reflection!

"When you pray for strength, God sends you a set of weights."

So, OK.  I guess I need to do some lifting.  There's work I can do, I suppose I'm not strong enough yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment