Monday, May 16, 2011

So here's the short of it, 


And here's the long.

Mom is not feeling well tonight. You know, in my life I hardly ever remember Mom being sick. Well, I'm sure that she was sick, and there were times that she didn't feel so well - but I don't remember it.

I worked a bit late this evening and then had a meeting at 6.  Mom called before my meeting to tell me that she didn't feel well. Mom rarely ever calls to ask for something regarding her health. It turns out she had a tooth bothering her. I stopped and got some extra strength orajel and stopped by. When I went in, she was in the chair and didn't look well at all.  She had temperature! And the side of her face was swollen.  Her dentist's office closes at 2:00 PM and she didn't want to call the emergency number.  So I got her to take some aspirin, drink some chicken broth, and slather on the orajel. I stayed for awhile and assured myself that she would be OK.  She called about 10:30 to tell me that she was going on to bed. That's a pretty early bedtime for Mom!  Tomorrow I'll stop in on my way to work and see if we can't get a dentist appointment. 

I'm sure glad Mom is living here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment