Tuesday, July 10, 2012

So here's the short of it, 
I had a really nice lunch date with Liga.

And here's the long

Liga took me to lunch at Kanpai of Tokyo!  She didn't know that I used to work there.  Long, many years ago -  I was single and had just bought my house in Rossville, Georgia.  I needed a little extra cash so I got a job in the bar on weekends.  Kanpai was over on Mountain Creek Road at that time.  People came from all over and the weekend it was usually quite busy.  It was a good second job and tips were good.  I will have to say I still don't like the smell of Saki.  It seems like I smelled of it at the end of every work night there.  Today's lunch was really nice though!  It was fun to be with my adult daughter treating me to a nice lunch.  We ran into a work colleague who was also with her Mother and we ended up sitting at the same communal table.  That was a nice treat. 



When we got ready to leave the heavens had opened up and let loose with a huge rain storm.  There were flash floods all over Chattanooga - leaving me to wonder about all those storm water plans that the city has been talking about.  Apparently downtown got quite the flood.  Here's a picture from the Chattanooga Times Free Press Facebook page showing what was going on downtown.  There were lots of Facebook messages from folks trying to get to downtown or trying to get out of downtown, and it seems that there was a little bit of time when most reasonable people were just stuck.  It was good to get the rain though.  We sure have been parched! 



No comments:

Post a Comment