Tuesday, July 31, 2012

So here's the short of it, 
Oh My!  I've got this awful earache...

And here's the long.

Last night my left ear started aching!

I have no idea what has hit me.  I don't have swimmers ear for sure, unless you can get that in the shower.  I looked up home remedies for earache about midnight last night and ended up warming up some olive oil with garlic.  Ibuprofen, a heating pad and garlic oil in the ear all night long.  By this morning, I still was suffering pretty much.  I was able to get in to see the PA at my doctor's office, and she confirmed that I have an ear infection.  I came home with a prescription for amoxicillin and started it right away.  I spent the whole afternoon in the bed with a heating pad on my ear.  I haven't slept that much in a long, long time!

But my ear still hurts!  I'll take another dose of antibiotic in just a little while and hope that the Ibuprofen, oil, and heating pad gives me enough relief that I can sleep better than last night.  I really do need to work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment