Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Contemplating moderation

So here's the short of it,
Moderation in all things may be one of the lessons I'm to take from this part of my journey. 



And here's the long

I was a lot more tired today than I thought I'd be.  I was so energetic yesterday, and I really didn't feel like I had overdone, but getting my bones out of bed this morning was pretty hard.  So I suppose I maybe overdid.  I suppose I don't know how to gauge that.  I'm going to work at pulling back a little and not going as fast as I'm able when I'm feeling well.

My appetite is returning.  My taster is still a little off.  I don't exactly know how to explain - lots of things are tasting pretty much as I remember them, but other things just taste too something.  It's never too salty, but sometimes it's too sour, sometimes too sweet, other times something that tasted fine the last time I tried it tastes funny.  I am hungry though.  For a long time I ate, but wasn't really hungry at all.  I'm glad to want to eat again.  I find myself wondering if I'll have new favorite foods - if this change will be more lasting?  One thing I'm thinking about is how moderation fits here.

 I have an appointment with my oncologist tomorrow.  I'm writing up a list of questions to ask and will report on that.  My chemo brain is making coming up with the list of questions hard.  I keep thinking what were all those things I said I was going to ask about!  Well I have all morning to contemplate on it.  Perhaps some more of it will come to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment