Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Radiation count down

So here's the short of it,
I just want to ramble about work and my radiation count down.

And here's the long

Today I had an interesting experience at radiation.  I checked in and took myself into the interior waiting room because it is so much warmer.  There was an older woman (I'm laughing at myself because I'm sure lots of the other patients call me an older woman)...anyway, she was older than me, and even though my wait was very short I discovered that her husband was in treatment for breast cancer.  It turns out that he has the same doctors I do, and that he's a Monday Chemotherapy patient so I've never seen them before.  He has the Her2 neu cancer that I have and will also be on Herceptin for the rest of the year.  She wanted to ask me lots of questions because I'm a bit ahead of him in the schedule, but they called me back very quickly, and they were gone when I was finished.  Today was a very quick visit.  I was probably in and out of the whole thing in about 20 minutes.  And now I only have 6 more to go!

I had a very productive work day today.  I had a very early morning meeting and wondered if there was any possible way I could get myself out of bed in time to make it, but with a little nudge from Alan and two alarms, I managed.  So maybe I'll straighten out my mixed up nights and days after all!  Anyway, I really dove into my work situation, and I am so behind!  I feel like I've time traveled and have landed in the future.   I guess I can measure how much work I missed by thinking of the days and hours I was away or by thinking of the things that happened and the decisions that were made and the new directions things have gone.  Either way it's been a long time!  But some days it feels more like the time was longer and other days it feels as though I wasn't really gone that long but lots of stuff happened that I'm not caught up on! Altogether, it feels pretty good to be back at work.  Although I will admit that I'm awfully tired!

We have another 3 day weekend coming up because of the ML King holiday, and I've been thinking about how lucky I've been in these last rounds of radiation.  We ended up missing a day because of snow last weekend giving me a three day weekend and then this week , so here at the end when the radiation is making me really tired, I'm getting extra time to rest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment